In seven short years, Arlene Blencowe has gone from single mum to a professional athlete who’s literally kicking ass! She’s ranked #5 welterweight boxer in the world, world champion having won the WIBA and WBF world boxing titles, and #8 Featherweight MMA in the world, being the first Australian woman and second ever Australian to be signed by Bellator, the US MMA promoter who’s viewership extends to over 500 million in over 140 countries.
Arlene is passionate about sharing her story to inspire others to go for their dreams, no matter what they are or where they are at in their life.
How does she do it all while raising her two children with a full-time job, personal training clients, and an intense training schedule? You’re about to find out in this interview and discover how she prepares to put her body and mind on the line…without fear.
- Arlene maintains a foundation level of fitness all year round so that she’s ready. Being prepared is a key part of her strategy and helps her to increase her fitness with less effort than starting from scratch each time.
- Whenever fear creeps up on you, focus on the things that you can control and fear will be put into perspective
- Don’t let fear hinder your performance, it’s a waste of space in your brain.
- If something doesn’t make you feel alive in your life, change it. You only have one life and you have to make the most of it.
- It’s never too late to start pursuing something you want.
- Whether you reach your goal or not, it’s the lessons you learn along the way that makes this a powerful, fulfilled journey
Find out more about Arlene here…
- Arlene is looking for financial backing to help support her professional sporting career. You can contact her here to find out more.
- Follow Arlene on Facebook
Tell us what you thought of this interview with Arlene in the comments below.
P.S. Are you ready to create your Stand Out life? Click here and join us now at Stand Out Women!